Lactic Acid Peel (Alpha Hydroxy Acid)
Lactic Acid is derived from sour milk, and is much milder on the skin versus Glycolic and Salicylic peels. Those with sensitive skin can apply this peel.
Lactic acid peel helps eliminate germs, toxins and dead cells.
The peeling process is very similar to how Glycolic Acid works.
Don't forget to use our Hyaluronic Moisturizing Gel after every peel.
* Buy five identical items and get one free
- Select a strength (Not sold in Canada):
- Select a size:
Lactic Acid Peel may also be used to treat the following:
It also can be used for the following: Acne, Acne Scars, Blackheads/Whiteheads, Dry Skin, Sun-damaged Skin, Blotchy Pigmentation, Fine Wrinkles, Loss of Elasticity, Large Pores, in-grown hairs, Age Spots, Eczema, Seborrheic Keratosis, Hyperkeratosis, and Actinic keratosis.
Choosing a strength that's right for you:
If this is your first peel and you have sensitive skin, you may begin with lower percentages (10% - 30%) and work your way up to higher percentages.
If you have experience with peels and have normal skin, then you may begin with our higher percentages (40% - 50%).
Note about Rosacea
If you have Rosacea or very dry and sensitive skin, then Lactic Acid may be the better choice. Lactic Acid only works to help the symptoms of Rosacea, and does not offer a cure.
Note about Retin A
If you are using Retin A products and want to use our Acid Peels, you will need to stop the treatments at least two-weeks before using the Peels. Retin A makes the skin very sensitive to the sun and to other products.
Distilled Water, Lactic acid, Glycerin, Sodium Citrate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose and Sodium Hydroxide.
Preform a spot skin test before applying our Glycolic Acid to the full area. Use the below directions on the inside of your wrist. After cleansing, confirm no irritation has occured - then apply as normal.
- Cleanse face with an oil-free cleanser and pat dry.
- Apply enough of the peel to cover the area - Avoid eyes, lips, and mucous membranes. Do not rub into skin.
- Leave on for 4 - 6 minutes depending on skin sensitivity.
- Rinse well thoroughly with warm water
- Apply Moisturizer containing Sunscreen (SPF 25 and up).
- Repeat every week or two.
- We recommend using our Hyaluronic Moisturizing Gel after each peel for the best results
- After 2 months, allow your skin a break for one month before beginning again.