Glycolic Acid Peel
Glycolic acid is derived from sugar cane and, because of its smaller molecular size, effectively works to stimulate growth of new skin and collagen by penetrating the skin and decreasing the bonds that hold dead skin cells on the surface. This allows dead cells to be gradually removed, leaving behind a layer of healthy smooth skin.
Glycolic acid also reduces the amount of surface skin oil, which aids in the removal of blackheads and other skin impurities and may help stimulate collagen production within the dermis, the layer of the skin located below the epidermis.
Intoducing our new 10% Glycolic Acid Mask (pH 3): This mask brightens and refines the skin's texture and tone, leaving skin feeling soft in a matter of minutes. It works well to address uneven skin tone, hyper-pigmentation, and brightens dull skin. Perfect for sensitive skin. Paraben-free.
* Buy five identical items and get one free
- Select a strength (Not sold in Canada):
- Select a size:
Glycolic Acid may also be used to treat the following:
Acne, Acne Scars, Blackheads/Whiteheads, Dry Skin, Sun-damaged Skin, Blotchy Pigmentation, Fine Wrinkles, Loss of Elasticity, Large Pores, in-grown hairs, Age Spots/Dark Spots, Seborrheic Keratosis, Hyperkeratosis, and Actinic keratosis.
Choosing a strength that's right for you:
If this is your first peel and you have sensitive skin, you may begin with lower percentages (10% - 30%) and work your way up to higher percentages.
If you have experience with peels and have normal skin, then you may begin with our higher percentages (40% - 50%).
Note about Rosacea
If you have Rosacea or very dry and sensitive skin, then Lactic Acid may be the better choice. Lactic Acid only works to help the symptoms of Rosacea, and does not offer a cure.
Note about Retin A
If you are using Retin A products and want to use our Acid Peels, you will need to stop the treatments at least two-weeks before using the Peels. Retin A makes the skin very sensitive to the sun and to other products.
Glycolic Acid Peel: Distilled Water, Glycolic acid, Glycerin, Sodium Citrate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose and Sodium Hydroxide.
Glycolic Acid Mask: Distilled Water, Glycolic Acid, Glucomannan, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate and Orange Blossom
Glycolic Acid Peels: Preform a spot skin test before applying our Glycolic Acid to the full area. Use the below directions on the inside of your wrist. After cleansing, confirm no irritation has occured - then apply as normal.
- Cleanse face with an oil-free cleanser and pat dry.
- Apply enough of the peel to cover the area - Avoid eyes, lips, and mucous membranes. Do not rub into skin.
- Leave on for 4 - 6 minutes depending on skin sensitivity.
- Rinse well thoroughly with warm water
- Apply moisturizer containing Sunscreen (SPF 25 and up).
- Repeat every week or two.
- We recommend using our Hyaluronic Moisturizing Gel after each peel for the best results
- After 2 months, allow your skin a break for one month before beginning again.
Glycolic Acid Mask:
- Cleanse the skin with our one-step cleanser.
- Apply thick layer on face and neck while the avoiding area.
- Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes, or less for sensitive skin.
- Rinse with water, and for day time apply a moisturizer containing sunscreen
- Treat the skin once a week.
Doctor's Strength Glycolic Acid:
We offer Doctors and Dermatologists the following acids. See below for our 30%, 40%, 50% and 70% Non-Buffered peels.
If you would like to order, please contact us directly.
|30% Glycolic ph 1.06||40% Glycolic pH 1.5||50% Glycolic pH 1.2||70% Glycolic ph 0.60|
|2oz/60ml - $29.00||2oz/60ml - $32.00||2oz/60ml - $35.00||2oz/60ml - $43.00|
|4oz/120ml - $40.00||4oz/120ml - $48.00||4oz/120ml - $55.00||4oz/120ml - $68.00|
|8oz/240ml - $52.00||8oz/240ml - $69.00||8oz/240ml - $88.00||8oz/240ml - $110.00|